As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Obamacare, indicating it’s okay for the Government to force its citizens to spend money. If anyone else does that, it’s called extortion. That being said, I’m already beginning to consider the fallout from Obamacare if it’s not de-funded and/or repealed in the near future. Below are just a few of the potential consequences and unintended effects of this fantastic piece of legislation. I’m sure I’ll think of more after my nausea wears off, but here’s what I have so far:
1) There is already a shortage of doctors. This will exacerbate that issue as more of them leave the profession.
2) It will take months, if not years to get an appointment to see one of the aforementioned.
3) For all of the marginally subsistent people out there, this will push many of them over the edge into foreclosures, bankruptcies, etc.
4) This opens the door for our Government to force us to pay money for anything, and call it a tax.
5) There is now a toll to be a citizen of this fine Nation. People may begin to renounce citizenship and jump ship to other Countries.
6) If people are force to pay for something, they typically want to use it. Now every time someone stubs their toe, they will run to the doctor. Although this may have positive intended side effects, like catching serious illnesses earlier.
7) Not really an effect, but it just shows the members of the Supreme Court haven’t actually read the Constitution. It’s really not that long. They could read it over a lunch break.
8) If they have read it, their reading comprehension skills are those of a 3rd grader, which is even more frightening.
9) The costs of health care will skyrocket, as evidenced by every other Government-subsidized program they’ve ever created.
10) Taxing the already-overtaxed middle class even more is clearly going to create an economic recovery. But then it won’t be referred to as a tax, colloquially, it will simply be a fine for failing to comply with the law of the land.
It should be interesting to watch this unfold.